Tidal, Hashdex Announce Trading of Spot Bitcoin ETF

Hashdex has become the 11th Spot Bitcoin ETF traded in the United States, alongside other major funds led by BlackRock and Fidelity.

Azcnews (2)

Tidal Investments and Hashdex Asset Management have announced the trading of their spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) in the U.S. following the renaming of the Hashdex Bitcoin Futures ETF to the Hashdex Bitcoin ETF (DEFI).

According to their joint statement, the renaming of the ETF, now identified by the ticker symbol “DEFI,” aligns with its strategic shift to focus on spot Bitcoin holdings and its tracking of a new benchmark index, effective from March 27, 2024.

The Hashdex Bitcoin ETF is designed to allocate at least 95% of its assets to spot Bitcoin, while the remaining 5% may be invested in CME-traded Bitcoin futures contracts and cash equivalents. As of March 27, the fund’s total net assets stood at $11.16 million, as reported on Hashdex’s website.

Marcelo Sampaio, Co-Founder and CEO of Hashdex, expressed enthusiasm about completing the conversion, emphasizing their mission to empower individuals and institutions globally to access this groundbreaking innovation. Bloomberg Senior ETF Analyst Eric Balchunas also weighed in, noting that DEFI’s entry into the market is significant despite its late arrival.

Related: Standard Chartered Forecasts Bitcoin to Rise to $250,000

In summary, the Hashdex Bitcoin ETF (DEFI) represents an exciting opportunity for investors seeking exposure to spot Bitcoin, and its launch has generated considerable interest in the financial community.

5.0/5

(1 vote)
  1. Avatar of Victor
    Victor

    Well written an composed, good job 👍 nice 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest

Nigerian Crypto Influencer Linus Williams Released After Detention

News | Editor Choice | Policy & Regulations

Nigerian Crypto Influencer Linus Williams Released After Detention

Nigerian cryptocurrency celebrity Linus Williams, popularly known as Blord, has been granted bail following three days in police custody. The fintech CEO, who has a significant following in the cryptocurrency community, was detained by the Cybercrime unit of the Nigeria Police Force over allegations of cryptocurrency fraud and terrorism financing linked to his companies. Blord

What Is Banana Gun Information About Banana Token

Editor Choice | Research

What is Banana Gun? Information about BANANA Token

What is Banana Gun? What is noteworthy about the first project on the Binance Airdrops Portal? Is the BANANA Token worth investing in? Let's explore this together with AZCNews!

What Is Pixelverse Information About Pixfi Token

Research | Editor Choice | GameFi

What is Pixelverse? Information about PIXFI Token

What is Pixelverse? What is noteworthy about this renowned game on Telegram? Is the PIXFI Token worth investing in? Let's explore this together with AZCNews!

Azcnews Elon Musk Joe Biden

News | Editor Choice | Policy & Regulations

Elon Musk Ends X Feature Amid Trump vs. Biden Saga

Elon Musk has recently stated that he asked to end a special feature on his social media platform X amid the ongoing Trump vs. Biden chronicles in the U.S. elections.

Binance Announces Listing Of Banana Gun (banana)

News | Altcoin | Editor Choice

Binance Announces Listing of Banana Gun (BANANA)

The Binance exchange has announced the listing of Banana Gun (BANANA), and this is also the first project on the Binance Airdrops Portal!