Anticipated Fed Interest Rate Cuts Signal Impending Bitcoin Price Surge

The Bitcoin price is poised for a potential rally in the near future, as there are expectations of interest rate cuts by the Federal Reserve before March 24.

Anticipated Fed Interest Rate Cuts Signal Impending Bitcoin Price Surge_65b966114612e.webp

Over the weekend, the cryptocurrency market saw a surge in investor confidence, with more than 700,000 new Bitcoin addresses created. Bitcoin (BTC) has been trading relatively steadily around the $35,000 mark, while altcoins took the lead in driving the crypto market’s recent upswing.

The prospect of Fed interest rate cuts has gained momentum following the release of the US jobs data for October 2023, which fell short of expectations. This has led analysts to believe that the Federal Reserve may change its monetary policy earlier than initially anticipated in 2024.

Some experts are now suggesting a higher likelihood of the first rate cuts occurring as early as March 2024. If this prediction holds true, it could trigger a significant rally in risk-on assets, including equities and cryptocurrencies. Notably, the next Bitcoin halving is also expected to coincide with April 2024, which could further fuel the upward momentum in Bitcoin’s price.

anticipated fed interest rate cuts signal impending bitcoin price surge 65b9661148a67

According to the CME FedWatch Tool, the probability of the central bank reducing the headline interest rate by 25 basis points before the March meeting increased to 25.9% on Friday, up from 12.9% on Thursday. Nevertheless, Fed-fund futures indicate a 66.5% probability that the Fed will maintain interest rates unchanged throughout the March meeting.

The chances of interest rates remaining unchanged are currently high, with a 90.4% probability for the December meeting. There is no possibility of a rate cut at either of these meetings, but there is a 9.6% chance of a rate hike in January.

anticipated fed interest rate cuts signal impending bitcoin price surge 65b9661193aca

According to Charlie Ripley, senior investment strategist at Allianz Investment Management, the recent employment report could signal a turning point in the US economy. Moreover, it underscores the effectiveness of monetary policy and should reduce the debate surrounding whether policy is adequately restrictive.

Bitcoin may be on the brink of a significant price rally. Despite its recent consolidation around $35,000, there are positive signs on the horizon. Notably, over 700,000 new Bitcoin addresses were generated in a single day, a milestone that often serves as a reliable indicator for price predictions.

Related: Bitcoin Surges Over 100% Since the Beginning of the Year, Outperforming Most Other Assets

With Bitcoin maintaining a favorable short-term momentum, CrediBull Crypto is optimistic that the cryptocurrency could continue its upward trajectory, potentially reaching the psychologically significant threshold of $40,000. In the event of such a milestone, there’s a possibility of Bitcoin making a new All-Time High (ATH).

anticipated fed interest rate cuts signal impending bitcoin price surge 65b96611d8059

Furthermore, the crypto market has witnessed capital inflows exceeding $10 billion over the past month, indicating strong investor confidence in the asset class.

A lot of capital is flowing into #crypto right now, signaling strong investor confidence.

In fact, we spotted nearly $10.97 billion in positive capital inflows, the highest level in 2023! pic.twitter.com/XfXz6aaVOK

— Ali (@ali_charts) November 5, 2023

5.0/5

(100 votes)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest

Bingx Announces Listing Of Swarm Markets (smt)

Altcoin | Editor Choice

BingX Announces Listing of Swarm Markets (SMT)

BingX exchange announces the listing of Swarm Markets (SMT) - a DeFi platform licensed by the Germany's Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).

Azcnews Nigeria Confirm

News | Editor Choice | Policy & Regulations

Central Bank of Nigeria Confirms Not Blocking Crypto Users

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has officially confirmed reports of their freezing of user accounts on platforms such as Bybit, OKX, Kucoin, and Binance as fraudulent.

Azcnews President Joe Biden Proposes Highest Tax Rate In History

News | Editor Choice | Policy & Regulations

President Joe Biden Proposes Highest Tax Rate in History

US President Joe Biden has just proposed increasing capital gains tax to 44.6%, marking the highest federal capital tax rate ever.

Bitcoin Dip 64500

News | Bitcoin | Editor Choice

Bitcoin Dips to $64,500, Yet Scarcity Remains High

Despite Bitcoin dipping slightly to $64,500 currently, most experts believe that prices will soon enter a bullish cycle.

What Is Gas Fee

Blockchain | Editor Choice | Research

What is Gas Fee? A Guide to Optimizing Gas Fees Effectively

In any blockchain environment, Gas fees play a crucial and nearly irreplaceable role. So, what is Gas fee? How can you optimize Gas fees? Let's find out!